Here are 6 steps to creating a safer online environment at home for your child.
1. Make sure your home WiFi has parental control settings enabled.
2. . Consider changing the default wifi password for your home router to prevent anyone outside your home from accessing it.
3. Help reduce exposure to inappropriate or offensive content by turning on safe searching.
4. Stay safe online by creating a strong password.
5. Manage access to social networks and other online services by checking the security and privacy features
6. Use online safety family activities to talk to your children about staying safe whilst using the internet.