Google Meet can be used to hold video meetings/web conferences and Google Chat can be used to message other users. All users should be aware of local privacy and safeguarding policies before making use of this service. Google Chat is enabled for staff only.
Features of Google Meet in Glow #
- Anyone with a meeting link will be able to join your meetings.
- No one will have to ask to join.
- Anyone can dial in.
- Anyone within the meeting hosts’ organization will be able to join without having to ask to join (AKA knocking).
- Anyone outside the organization but invited via a Google Calendar event, or anyone invited from within the meeting, will also be able to join without having to ask to join.
- Anyone can dial in.
- Everybody else will have to ask to join.
- Only someone who is invited via a Google Calendar event or someone invited from within the meeting by a host will be able to join.
- Everyone else will have to ask to join, including participants inside a host’s organization who aren’t included on the invite, and those dialling in.
Meet hints and tips #
Help and Support #
Support on using Google Meet in this way is available through the following Google Help articles:
The video below also discusses how Meet can be integrated and used in this way with Classroom:
Some more general guidance and training for users is also available by clicking on the links below:
|Google Workspace Learning Center||Google Workspace Training Videos|
Guidance for Tenancy Admins #
The configuration of Google Workspace in Glow means that individual users can be assigned delegated admin roles for their tenancies. These roles have been designed to give Glow customers/ local authorities as much control over their tenancies as possible. More information can be found on the Google Workspace admin roles page.
These roles may be useful for Glow customers/ local authorities to:
Features of Google Chat in Glow #
Google Chat is available for teaching and non-teaching staff only and allows for one to one and group messaging. This is configured to make sure chats are only accessible by users within the domain and that the new Chat client is used (Classic Hangouts cannot be used through Glow).
Support is available though the Google Workspace Learning Center page.