Opt in Service
As you may know, Google Workspace is an opt in service so not all Glow users will have a Google account.
Once Local Authorities have opted into Google Workspace, they can also enable Google Additional Services. Google requires consent to be obtained and maintained for all users before they can use Additional Services. If a user is under 18 this has to be parental consent.
Current Additional Services include,
- Google Earth
- Google Chrome Store
- Google Maps
- Google Arts & Culture
- Google Translate
More information about this opt in service can be found by clicking this link
We are now delighted to share that the Glow Team have added another Additional Service.
Looker Studio is a free tool that turns your data into informative, easy to read, easy to share, and fully customisable dashboards and reports.
Looker Studio allows you to:
- Visualise data through highly configurable charts and tables.
- Easily connect to a variety of data sources.
- Share your insights with your team or with the world.
- Collaborate on reports with your team.
- Speed up your report creation process with built-in sample reports.
Due to the over 18 age limit, Looker Studio is only available to staff within Glow
Connection to paid for partner connectors is blocked
This is a promotional video that provides an overview of Looker Studio in a minute
- Welcome to Looker Studio! – Looker Studio Help (google.com)
- Looker Demo Video – YouTube
- Looker – Database to Dashboard Technical Demo – YouTube
The last link is part of a YouTube Mix Playlist with numerous “how to” videos
Please do reach out if you are using any of the new services in your classroom because we’d be keen to hear your feedback. We’d also be keen to hear what other services you’d like to see enabled in the future?