Google Arts & Culture and Google Translate
Opt in Service
As you may know, Google Workspace is an opt in service so not all Glow users will have a Google account.
Once Local Authorities have opted into Google Workspace, they can also enable Google Additional Services. Google requires consent to be obtained and maintained for all users before they can use Additional Services. If a user is under 18 this has to be parental consent.
Current Additional Services include,
- Google Earth
- Google Chrome Store
- Google Maps
We are now delighted to share that the Glow Team have added two more Additional Services.
Google Arts & Culture
- Google Arts & Culture Experiments – Try out experiments created by artists and creative coders
- Try out the Challenge of the Day – Today’s challenge was Trying your hand at sculpting using 3D Pottery
- Get inspired using the “In Focus” collection – Today’s “In Focus” included: African Collections, What did Roman’s do for us?, A deep-sea dive (stories from the sea), Turn yourself into a masterpiece, Sacred Spaces and Tokyo Fuji Art Museum Spotlight
- Meet a Triceratops using Augmented Reality
- Explore works of art by Artist, Theme, Time or Colour
- Browse Popular Topics like: Surrealism (1,120 items) Edvard Munch (95 items) or United States (1,390,000 items)
- Explore Games Based Learning Activities that include: Music Games, Puzzles, Trivia and Adventure Games
- Find out what Museums and Exhibitions are near you using the Nearby feature
- Instantly translate words, phrases, images and web pages between English and over 100 other languages.
- Add content by typing, writing or dictating up to 5,000 words at a time
- Hear and see the translated content with the option to then copy
- Add key phrases to “Saved” for quick access
- Search translate history
This is a promotional video containing images of the new Google Additional Services.
Please do reach out if you are using any of the new services in your classroom because we’d be keen to hear your feedback. We’d also be keen to hear what other services you’d like to see enabled in the future?
Alternatively, feel free to tag us on Twitter using #GlowSCot
More information re Google Additional Services within Glow.
The enquiries form should be used for any questions relating to these Additional Services.