Google are introducing a new ultra-low latency viewing experience for video meetings that are streamed within an organisation.
The new experience will be available to the first ten thousand viewers — all additional viewers will have the existing experience.
This update is only available on the web, mobile users will be redirected to a web link, where they’ll have the existing livestream experience.
With this release, you’ll notice several functional and quality improvements, such as: A virtually lag-free streaming experience.
- Significantly increased speaker video resolution (up to 720p per speaker).
- Shared content and presentations shown up to 2880×1800.
- Up to two speaker video feeds can be shown side by side together with presented material.
- A new layout engine supports any window aspect with dynamic resolution management.
- Improved automatic camera cuts that focus on the most relevant speakers & content.
- Audience interaction through emoji reactions, polls and Q&A. Support for captions and translated captions is coming in a later update.