Google are adding the option to lock Drive files by right-clicking the file, selecting “File information”, and clicking “Lock”.
Locking a file makes sure reviewers can’t change a file. Edits, comments and suggestions can’t be added to locked documents.
- End users:
- In order to lock a Drive file, you must have edit-access to the Drive file.
- When hovering over a file in Drive, right-click into the context menu and choose “File information” > “Lock”> confirm that you actually want to lock the document by selecting “Lock”.
- Once locked, no one can make edits to the Doc until it is unlocked.
- You can unlock a file through the context menu as well.
- Visit the Help Centre to learn more about getting approvals on files in Google Drive.