Access to Glow is restricted to learners and educators to ensure that it is a safe online environment. However, a number of resources are provided to help keep parents informed about their children’s learning.
- Keep you up-to-date with your children’s learning and homework via Glow Blogs. Schools can create a blog to share this information publically.
- Subscribe to one of Education Scotland’s newsletters to keep informed of the latest educational developments. There are a variety of subjects and specialisms to choose from including digital learning and teaching.
- Keep up-to-date with what’s happening in your children’s school/establishment using Sway. Schools can create an interactive newsletter to share news, photographs and other information outwith Glow using a link which can be viewed easily on mobile devices.
- Browse a selection of videos in which teachers and learners share their views on the benefits of digital technology and Glow.
- Find out how Kinross Primary are using digital technology including Glow in this Sway presentation.
- Explore how Langlees Primary School established a Digital Leaders group.
Further support and help
- National Action Plan on Internet Safety for Children and Young People
- UK Safer Internet Centre – Find e-safety tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe online
- Think U Know – Guide to internet safety and safe surfing for young people
- Report a concern