|1. Teams in Glow||2. Class Teams in Glow|
|3. Creating a Class Team||4. Class Team membership|
|5. Managing a Class Team||6. Teams notifications|
|7. Hints & Tips||8. Meetings in Teams|
Class Teams can provide:
- The ability to create online classrooms. Only staff can create Teams and they are responsible for leading activity and moderating content in the teams they manage or have set up
- Deliver flipped learning opportunities or provide pupils with more flexible access to learning materials
- The digital tools necessary for collaboration and co-creation, allowing pupils to work in groups or across classes and taking ownership of the activities they have been given
- A conversations area for learners to plan their work and self and peer assess
- An area to store evidence of learning, and the facility to provide feedback and support on learning activities
- A central point of storage for subjects, topics or projects which can be shared with other staff for joint planning purposes.
A Class Team will have the following areas: Conversations; Files; Class Notebook and Assignments. Additional tabs and content may be added to customise the experience.
Conversations and Channels
The general conversations stream within a team will highlight activity and conversations within a class. This can be used to support a project or subject with threaded discussions and the ability for question and answers. Channels are dedicated sections within a team to keep conversations organised by specific topics or projects.
Video resource: Managing Conversations in a Team
Files and folders can be uploaded to a team to allow sharing and collaboration. It could be used as a store for homework or other learning activities or an area for learners to work together on a joint PowerPoint etc. It is recommended that the resources you are uploading to the files area are stored in a central location to be accessed by other staff such as an independent SharePoint site/document store.
Every class team comes with its own linked OneNote Class Notebook. Your Class Notebook is a digital notebook for the whole class to store text, images, handwritten notes, attachments, links, voice, video, and more.
Teams delivers these essential components of the OneNote Class Notebook experience:
• Student Notebooks — a private space shared between the teacher and each individual student. Teachers can access every student notebook, while students can only see their own.
• Content Library — a read-only space where teachers can share handouts with students.
• Collaboration Space — a space where everyone in your class can share, organise, and collaborate.
Microsoft Help offers more information about Class Notebooks in Teams.
You can create and manage assignments to schedule tasks or learning activities for learners. The assignments can include a range of supporting files such as files from your OneDrive, links to Forms for assessment and uploading files from your device. Assignments can be set for all students in the class or smaller groups to allow it to be tailored to individual needs. You can also choose to repost an assignment from another Team.