What is it?
Microsoft Office 365 for Education is a cloud-based package that incorporates a number of Microsoft services including:
- Outlook email and calendar;
- OneDrive cloud storage with unlimited storage capacity for each user;
- Office Online which provides web access to PowerPoint, Word, Excel and OneNote with no requirement for additional software;
- SharePoint sites to enable schools, individual classes and projects to have their own, collaborative online space;
- Sway to create and share online presentations and newsletters;
- Yammer which provides an online discussion and collaboration tool to make connections and share resources;
- Forms to create online surveys, quizzes and polls, easily viewing results as they come in;
- Online classrooms using Teams for Education;
- Microsoft Skype for Business for instant web conferences with other users.
Why would I use it?
The tools available in Microsoft Office 365 are ideal for sharing and collaborating, allowing learners to work on projects anytime and anywhere.
Office 365 ProPlus
Office 365 Pro Plus allows all Glow users to download the latest version of the Microsoft Office Suite on to a total of 15 home machines and personal devices, free of charge. This provides access to a range of products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and OneNote. Glow users can download the Microsoft Office Suite on to five PCs or Macs, five tablets and five phones.
How do I get started?
You can access Office 365 in Glow through your Launchpad. You can also add shortcut tiles to your personal Launchpad. The following video highlights the main features of Office 365. You will find lots of ideas for using Office 365 to enhance learning and teaching here.
There are more ideas for using Office 365 to enhance teaching and learning on Microsoft’s Scottish Education page. Further information about the Glow Microsoft Office 365 service requirements and capabilities are contained in the Capability Statement.