Education Scotland is actively looking for new apps which can be added to the library to increase the range and choice available. Any new apps must meet the following criteria:
- The app must be appropriate for Curriculum for Excellence;
- The app must comply with all applicable laws, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (from May 2018);
- The app provider confirms that all personal data in relation to the app is held within and will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA);
- There is an agreed notice period if the app were to be withdrawn.
If an app provider is satisfied that their app meets the above criteria they should contact email@example.com providing the following information:
- The name of the app;
- The provider of the app;
- The personal data required by the app provider;
- The terms and conditions of the app;
- Confirmation that the app complies will all applicable laws including the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Confirmation that all personal data is held and will continue to be held within the EEA;
- Confirmation that the app provider agrees to provide a period of at least 6 months’ notice should you intend to withdraw the app.
Feedback and approval process
A nominated contact within Education Scotland will aim to respond to app approval requests within 15 working days. Further details on the Education Scotland approval process will be supplied on request.