Glow can be used in variety of ways for learning and teaching. Here are some examples of what you can do with Glow.
You can collaborate on the development of documents online, facilitating joint work on the same or similar projects, allowing for faster more real-time learning. Common spaces are available for gathering and storing information on a subject or work from a number of students to allow teachers to collect, review and give feedback online.
- In Office Online, you can simultaneously edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint or OneNote from inside the browser or desktop and view edits from other people in real time.
- SharePoint Online allows you to collaborate through pages and document libraries and other media while engaging in discussion through Yammer.
- You can create Sways, which are graphic presentations, and share edit links with other users, both internally and externally, to collaborate in the creation of content in real time.
- Planner allows a group of teachers and/or learners to work together to achieve common objectives by organising, assigning and managing the tasks associated. Planner also offers group members the functionality of O365 Groups.
- O365 Groups brings together threaded email conversations, a shared calendar, shared file storage, shared notebook which quickly and easily allows a group of teachers and/or learners to work together.
- Forms allows teachers and pupils create quizzes, surveys and questionnaires that can be completed by other teachers and learners or by members of the public.
- Classroom in Microsoft Teams provides a collaborative space to facilitate teachers distributing tasks and resources to pupils. It allows pupils to update distributed materials or upload other evidence of learning to share with their teacher or fellow pupils. Teachers then have a collated view of all such evidence and can provide formative feedback from a single point.
You can upload media content, such as photo and video, across Office 365 sites and areas you have access to from one location. Uploaded content can be embedded in Video, Sway, Yammer, PowerPoint, Word and Excel within SharePoint Online and a range of other external services such as Glow Blogs.
Content in O365 Video allows transcoding of content so that uploaded videos are rendered in many different formats ensuring playback is customised for the viewing device. It also offers intelligent consumption of available bandwidth and a content delivery network to offer scale.
Glow users can collaborate on and share documents, other files and Sites with other users inside and outside of Glow in order to facilitate national collaboration and learning. Glow users have unlimited storage they can access from anywhere, at any time.
This can be done using features of Microsoft Office 365 such as SharePoint, OneNote, O365 Groups, OneDrive, Yammer, Planner and Outlook email. External Sharing is now enabled to allow some users to share via OneDrive and SharePoint. This allows sharing outside of Glow either with authenticated users (by email address requiring sign-in) and with anonymous users (no sign-in required and shared by view link only).
Created content may be shared externally by email, while Sway and Forms allow full public sharing with control retained by the creator of the Sway or Form to amend or revoke this at any time.