Create web pages and websites to collaborate with Google sites. Easily create a website and add ‘gadgets like calendars, maps, spreadsheets, presentations. Choose a theme and customise it.
G Suite in Glow is configured as follows:
- Students cannot share a site externally or publicly but can share with other users in a whitelisted G Suite domain.
- Staff can share a site externally or publicly. This may be useful for school or class websites.
Staff sharing Sites publicly should be aware that the content may be web searchable so consideration must be given to this and who can contribute to it before sharing. Google Sites are saved in your Drive and can be managed in the same way as other Docs.
|G Suite Learning Center||G Suite Training Videos|
The configuration of Google Sites in Glow only allows New Google Sites to be created. However, any users with older websites that were created with Classic Sites should be aware of the following timeline.
- Starting October 2021 – Editing of any remaining classic Sites will be disabled.
- Starting December 2021 – When users try to visit a classic Site, they will no longer see the website content. Any remaining classic Sites will automatically be:
- Downloaded as an archive.
- Replaced with a draft in the new Sites experience for site owners to review and publish.
More information can be found on the blog post.
Sharing sites – https://support.google.com/sites/answer/6372880?hl=en