Hints and Tips for Managing Classes
- You can add a teacher to your class to assist with co-ordinating class activities.
- If you are leaving the school or no longer need to be the owner of the class you have created you can transfer ownership to another teacher.
- To invite students to join your class you can send them an email or issue them with a join code.
- Teachers are responsible for moderating content within the Classes they create or manage including dealing with any inappropriate posts by their pupils. You should always follow guidance about internet safety provided by your school or local authority in line with their acceptable use policy. See the Glow Community Rules for more information.
- As a teacher you can control students’ posts in the class stream by setting permissions for individual students or the whole class.
- Use the Mute students option if you want to stop pupils from commenting, posting and replying to conversations. They will still be able to submit work to the Classroom but other pupils will not be able to see it. This can be useful if you want to set up a Classroom but are not ready for pupils to use the conversations area or a teacher is not available to moderate comments at specific times.
- You can delete a post without muting a student.
- All the previously deleted posts and comments are stored to view at any time which is useful evidence to support moderation of a Classroom.
- If you don’t want pupils to post messages but would like to use it as an area for teachers (owners) to share resources and post messages for the class select the option Only owners can post messages.
- In Classroom teachers can set which email and mobile notifications they receive. This can also be set for individual classes. By default all notifications are turned on
- To delete a class you must archive it first. Once it is archived you can restore it if you wish to use it again in the future or delete it permanently. Teachers and co-teachers can archive a class. Students can’t archive a class.
- Remember that the Report a concern function, available on all Glow core services, allows users to submit details of any concerns they have about content or activity in Glow.
Further information to help with using Classrooms in Glow.
Examples of Classroom being used in learning and teaching
Lundavra Primary in the Highlands use Google for Education and Chromebooks to develop their learning and teaching. Read their impact story.
|1. Classroom in Glow||2. Creating a Class|
|3. Managing a Class||4. Classroom notifications|
|5. Class membership||6. More information|