|1. Classroom in Glow||2. Creating a Class, Assignments & Feedback|
|3. Managing a Class||4. Classroom notifications|
|5. Class membership||6. More information|
There are a number of settings teachers can manage in order to give them more control over how students use and access a Class. You can also add more teachers to your class to assist with co-ordinating class activities and support continuity if you are not available. If you are leaving the school or no longer need to be the owner of the class you have created you can transfer ownership to another teacher.
Students invited to join a class can share thoughts, information, and questions with their teachers and other students in the class stream using posts and comments. The default setting is for everyone in the class can see all posts and comments. To invite students to join your class you can add them within the Classroom or issue them with a join code. Join codes should only be shared with those they are intended for.
As a teacher you can control students’ posts in the class stream by setting permissions for individual students or the whole class.
You can delete student posts and be able to see any comments and posts that a student made and then deleted.
Set post and sharing permissions
Click on Settings . There are 3 options beside the Stream heading under Students can post and comment.
· Students can post and comment—This is the default. Students can create a post in the class stream and comment on any item.
· Students can only comment—Students can comment on an existing post, but not create a post.
· Only teachers can post or comment—Students can’t comment on or create posts in the class stream. This is the same as muting all students.
Muting and unmuting students
If you mute a student they will:
- still be able to submit work to the Classroom but other students will not be able to see it.
- not be able to reply to other students work.
- not be able to comment or post.
- you can delete a post without muting a student.
1. Click People on the Class work page. Select the student you wish to mute and select Actions>Mute. You will need to delete the comment seperately, or
2. You can mute a student directly from the comment. Click on the More icon beside the students name and select Mute [name] from the menu. A box will appear giving you the option to delete the comments as well.
To allow students to comment and post again, click on People > select the students name > select Action > Unmute or if you have not deleted the post, reply or comment, click on More icon and select Unmute [name] from the menu.
Delete a post or comment
To remove a post or comment from a student without muting them, click on the More icon and select Delete from drop down menu.
See deleted posts or comments
Teacher can also view any previoulsy deleted posts or comments. Go to Settings and beside Show deleted items click to Show and to Hide.
Archive or Delete a class
1. To delete a class you must archive it first. Once it is archived you can restore it if you wish to use it again in the future or delete it permanently. Teachers and co-teachers can archive a class. Students can’t archive a class.
2. To archive a class for your Classroom folder and click on the icon beside the class name. Details on what archiving does can be found on the Google support article.
3. Select Archive from the menu.
4. To delete the class click on in Google Classroom and select Archived Classes from the list.
5. Select the icon beside the class you wish to delete and select Delete from the menu.
For more information see Google Classroom Help.