|1. Classroom in Glow||2. Creating a Class|
|3. Managing a Class||4. Classroom notifications|
|5. Class membership||6. More information|
Our quick start guide can also be used as a visual reference.
Sign in to Classroom
1. Log in to Glow and navigate to your Launch Pad. If your local authority has G Suite enabled you can add the Google Classroom tile to your Launch Pad.
Create a class
2. Click the + icon and select Create a class from the drop down list.
3. Fill in the details for your class and click Create. Note: You must give your class a name. The other two fields, Section and Subject are optional.
Add students to your class
You can email a student to invite them to your class or give them a code.
4. Click Invite Students to add their email address. An email will be sent to the student inviting them to join the class. Students will click Join on the classwork page to join the class.
5. To display the code to the whole class click on Settings and select Display from the drop down menu beside Class Code.
Add an assignment
You can create an assignment and post it immediatley or schedule it to post at a later date. You can attach files, links and images to the assignment.
6. Hover over thesign at the bottom right hand side of screen and select Create assignment from the list.
7. Fill in the assignment details and make sure it has a due date. Other options are:
– Add in instructions
– Select if assigning to all or a few students.
– Attach documents, videos from You Tube, files from your G Drive or links.
– If the assignment is to be marked, assign points.
8. If you attach a document you have various options for sharing it with students.You can choose to:
– Allow students to view the same file
– Allow students to view and edit the same file
– Allow each student to have their own copy of the document. If you make copies, the document is stored in students’ class folders in their G Drive.
9. Select Assign, Schedule or Draft from the Assign drop down menu.
For more information on how to set up a Classroom see Getting Started with Google Classroom.