What is Google Classroom?
Google Classroom is a set of productivity tools that includes documents and storage, conversation stream, a way to keep learners organised and the ability to create and customise assignment materials for them.
- Easy to set up – Teachers can add students directly or share a code with their class to join. It takes just minutes to set up.
- Saves time – The simple, paperless assignment workflow allows teachers to create, review and mark assignments quickly, all in one place.
- Review student work – View, edit and provide real time feedback on individual’s work.
- Engage students – Post questions and polls for students to interact with.
- Add materials to enhance your assignments – Teachers can add resources such as videos, Google Forms survey and lots more.
- Improves organisation – Students can see all of their assignments on an assignments page, and all class materials are automatically filed into folders in Google Drive.
- Enhances communication – Classroom allows teachers to send announcements and start class discussions instantly. Students can share resources with each other or provide answers to questions on the stream.
Using Classroom in Glow
- Education Scotland has configured Google Classroom for the following:
- Only verified teachers can create Classrooms, students cannot
- Parent and guardian access to Classroom is disabled. This means that they will not get any email summary of student and classwork.
- Only users in whitelisted domains will be able to join a classroom (All Glow domains will whitelist to each other in order to foster national collaboration and they will be able to join classrooms together)
- Only authorised apps can access Classroom data. Education Scotland will process app requests for approval by Local Authorities.
- The Gmail service is disabled for all users. Any notifications from Classroom will be sent to Glow Mail (Outlook).
|1. Classroom in Glow||2. Creating a Class|
|3. Managing a Class||4. Classroom notifications|
|5. Class membership||6. More information|