Glow offers a number of tools and services to help you as an educator to enrich and enhance learning across the curriculum. You can share teaching materials, design online resources and activities to engage learners and take part in professional learning opportunities.
Benefits of Glow for educators
- Access to Office 365 – Glow provides full access to Microsoft’s Office suite including: Mail, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, OneDrive and SharePoint. As well as using this service online through Glow, educators can download a full version of Office 365 at no cost. This provides educators with tools to assist in planning and creating learning and teaching resources, support learners out with school and allow easier collaboration with peers.
- Access to Google Workspace – Glow customers can opt-in to using G Suite in Glow. This will provide access to the following cores services: Classroom, Drive, Docs, Hangouts, Calendar, Contacts, Sites and Vaults.
- Develop your network – Glow provides access to Glow Yammer as part of the O365 offering – an online community for educators, enabling you to speak to colleagues across the country. Share experiences, resources and information, and open up potential areas for collaborative working.
- Create school, staff and class sites – Use SharePoint to set up a school intranet or a site for your school, whole staff, departments or classes to enable information sharing.
- Learning communities – Access the National Professional Learning Community, a place to share resources, strengths, learning opportunities and professional intentions. This includes access to the Professional Learning Catalogue detailing professional learning events.
Practical examples of Glow being used by educators
- Find out how one Primary 3 teacher used O365 to engage her learners and enable collaborative working;
- Explore the benefits of Glow at secondary level with this Practice Pipeline video from Rosshall Academy;
- Visit the Digital Learning and Teaching Community on Yammer to ask your questions on digital technology, and learn from others on how they are using it to their benefit;
- See how Glow can help make a positive difference in education, highlighting the use of OneDrive and OneNote;
- Find out how to use Yammer and SharePoint to continue lessons outside the classroom and work collaboratively.